Tuesday, January 27, 2009

oh yeah you betcha

Happy New Year.

Things are moving along at a snails pace; stories trickle in from the academy and you hear from folks every so often, but the reality has hit that im really truly out of the loop now - one of those alumni who ask how things are going down at camp keema and trying to figure out how the new things fit with the memories in my head. Things change, life goes on, and its constant.

On the Coast Guard front, my packet is in, i'm now waiting on the interview - and then the real wait happens. And then, the frantic preperations. I cant wait - i've feel like a caterpillar thats been in a coccoon, like i've been in stasis, and i can feel my butterfly wings itching to come out.

Obama took off running since the inauguration a week ago. He's a whirlwind get-it-done machine and I feel like he's done more in a week than Bush did in 8 years. I dont know whether the changes will be good or bad, but the changes are here and more are coming and I cant wait.

On the knitting front, projects are coming along. I finished a Ravenclaw Fair Isle bag which is lovely but still needs to be lined, and am working on my brothers Charlie Brown Sweater, a pair of socks, and a fish hat. I am a busy girl.

Work sucks. Go read James Powlik.

No comments: