Monday, February 23, 2009

What I've Got Going On

Ain't much, to tell y'all the truth. I'm still working at the bookstore, which is, well, retail. You know how that is. For the economy being crap, I will tell you guys this - people are still buying things. Don't freak out too bad. Panic is the worst thing you can do in rough times. The thing to do is take a calm look at where you're at, establish what you have and what you don't, where you can stretch and where you can cut down to the bare essentials. Time to bust out those survival skills and keep a level head!

Speaking of level heads, i'm currently in the 'hurry up and wait' phase of the OCS application process. I'm still waiting on my medical clearance, which will hopefully be taken care of soon. Military-types will nod knowingly when I say these things take an ass-load of time.

Creatively, i'm really busy. After waiting almost an entire month for a purchase from Four Ladies Needle Art (who did not return any emails or answer any calls, and believe me I tried. ), I've got the yarn to finish my Febuary Lady Sweater. I had hoped to finish it during february, but lets be honest, it won't get done this week. So i'm back to working on it, and it'll be done by the time I won't need it anymore. I have a pair of socks for opening day which are up to the heel gusset, a pair of Monkey Socks which are almost done but boring me, a cute beret (my 'quick and easy' pattern), and of course, my brother's Charlie Brown Sweater (the back is finished, the sleeves are next). I mentioned I was knitting much, yes?

how y'all doin?

No comments: